The Damiano Clothing Exchange
Each year over 400,000 articles of clothing and household goods are distributed to people in need.
- Open since 1983, the Clothing Exchange is the only free store in Duluth.
- The program is primarily operated by volunteers from the neighborhood. Last year 15 volunteers gave over 7,000 hours of service to the program.
- We rely entirely on donated goods from the community for our inventory.
- All items are provided free of charge.
- Household goods of all sorts (bedding, kitchen wares, towels, etc.)
- Small appliances (toasters, coffee makers)
We ask that donors please bring items during our operating hours, or call for an appointment. If you are conducting a clothing drive, or if you want to bring a larger donation (more than a couple of armloads of clothes), please call the clothing program coordinator first. Donations are NOT accepted on Thursdays and Sundays.
We don’t accept:
- Dirty or broken items
- Beds, mattresses, or cribs
- Car seats for children
- Large appliances (microwaves, refrigerators)
- Electronics (TVs, VCRs, computers, printers, any other computer peripherals, etc.)
Are donations tax deductible?
Yes, your donation of clothing or other items are tax deductible. Please ask us for a receipt. We are not able to place a value on the goods that you have donated, or provide you with an itemized list of your donation. To determine the value of your donation we suggest you check out the free resource It’s Deductible online. (http://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/itsdeductible/inde...)
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. & Saturday 10 a.m. - 2p.m.
For more information, contact:
Patti Nadeau, Clothing Programs Coordinator
Room 212 - (218) 722-5991